Do you want to learn French? Here are 5 steps you can take to start your adventure in learning French Language.
All language learners want to know how can you learn a language quickly.
Some believe that a language can be learned in three months, but this is only possible if one goes to live in a place where the language to be learned is spoken. Others believe that you can learn in more time if you take daily classes. Learning a language will depend on your organization and discipline to achieve your goal.
The emotion of wanting to learn is a good motivation, but in order not to end up frustrated, from the beginning we must consider the factors that will allow us to achieve learning. When Learning French Language You have to consider how much time you have, how many hours you work, the resources you have, be it books, CDs, a computer, if you have internet or not, what methods and strategies you are going to use.
Here he presented you with five steps that can help you learn a language in the shortest time possible.
Why Learning French Language? Write the answer!
The first thing you have to do is write the reason why you want to learn a language, that is,
What do you want to use the language for?
- Do you want to go on a tourist trip?
- Do you want to work abroad?
- Visit your relatives who live abroad?
Writing down the reason why you want to learn a language will help you put yourself in the situation you will find yourself in when you have to use the language.
You may be wondering, is it necessary to have to write it? The answer is yes, and why? Well, you have to know that it is the brain that must be informed of what you propose to do in a clear and fixed way, and one of the ways to fix it is by writing things down, the brain connections that appear by doing this are very important to achieve your goals.
My wife is going to travel to France to visit my family, so she has to write down the reasons why she is going to travel, in order to put herself in the situations that she will live in and where she will have to use the language.
Can you imagine what situations you will find yourself in? Write the situations!
You have to imagine the situations you will find yourself in when you have to use the new language; For example,
- imagine that you need to take a taxi
- or do you need to buy something?
- register at a hotel?
- go to eat at a restaurant?
- change your currency? or maybe
- ask for a place?
If you have an idea of the conversations you will have in each situation, then you can anticipate what you need to learn.
My wife is going to visit my family, the situations that she will have to imagine are
- greeting the family,
- eating together,
- going for a walk together,
- small talk in the kitchen,
- and other situations at home and together with the family.
How long will you have to learn? Write the schedule!
You have to write your study schedule,
the same as you would have it at school. If you are going to travel to France, you surely have an approximate date of your trip. Use it to calculate the time you will have to learn French.
Write the topics according to the situations you imagined and schedule them for weeks or days depending on your time.
You can study the most important topics according to your needs and complete your programmed learning while in France.
What words do you need to learn? Write the topics!
Depending on the situations you imagined, you can know what words you need to learn.
Write the topics you need to learn, you don’t need to learn the entire vocabulary of a topic, for example you don’t need to know all the professions if your situation will be to be on the beach (hotel – restaurant – beach…)
For example my wife is now only learning French for one reason, she wants to be able to communicate with my family; So her main goal is to know the vocabulary of the family,
- the vocabulary of the meals,
- the vocabulary of the house,
- but you do not need to learn the vocabulary of politics, for example, because politics is not discussed with my family or the vocabulary of all professions or all animals or others.
You have to learn what you need and then over time you will continue to increase your vocabulary.
Study and practice! Learning French Language is Easy!
To practice daily I recommend you create a study routine, here I share the study routine that my wife does.
- She does Duolingo every day in the morning, Duolingo is a free application to learn languages on the Internet,
- then she watches a music video with the lyrics of some songs,
- after that, she reads a story, (https://www.robinsoncrusoeinlevels.com/)
- she then checks sometabs on Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/)
- she also checks some youtube video about Learning French Language
- and then she tells me some things in the language she is learning (english)
This routine can be 30 or 45 minutes depending on your time and your needs. You can create your own learning routine and take the time you need. It is also recommended that you can converse with someone during the week so that you can practice what you have learned.
and for more ideas and tips you can check out this link 😉